screw seal of ORIENS Korea Co., Ltd. is a wire connector for wire connection in which the threaded wire connector and the bonded heat shrink tube are designed as all-in-one. Threaded wire connectors are highly
reliable products that have been used in the wire connector market for over 50
years. The plastic shell of the connector is
designed in a conical shape with a grooved form to provide strong grip power,
so It is possible to make an easy and fast
installation. In addition, since it is made of UL94-V2 flame retardant
material, there is little risk of fire. The square spring insert inside the
connector strongly twists and fixes the conductor of the inserted wire by
rotation. However, since the lower part of the
threaded wire connector is open when connecting the wire, there is a limit to
protect the connected wire from external contaminants such as moisture
and dust, and it has a problem of loosening and sometimes dropping out after
installation, as time goes by. People at the installation site are
solving this problem by winding the insulation tape. To solve this problem, we developed screw
seal. The screw seal is a threaded wire
connector that connects wires quickly and easily, and at the same time, it
securely fixes and seals the wire connected to the connector with
a bonded heat shrink tube to protect the wires from external contaminants such
as moisture and dust.
• Temperature : -40° to 105°C • Voltage : 300 Volts, 600 Volts
• Screw seal connector is designed to connect wires indoors and outdoors, especially in environments exposed to water, moisture and corrosion.
• The shrink tube of screw seal has a shrinkage ratio of 4:1 and can be applied to various wire sizes.
• It is divided into 4 colors, so you can easily and quickly select the connector suitable for the wire size.
• Screw seal fixes firmly the connected wires in order not to loose or fall off due to vibration or pulling.
• Thanks to safe and fast installation, you can reduce the costs.
• It must be used only when connecting copper-copper wires.
Wires connected by screw seals provide insulation and waterproof functions at the same time, completely blocking wire breakage and wire dropouts, and preventing contact failure deriving from vibration, thereby providing stable power supply.
A cross-sectional photograph of the wire connection using screw seal shows the state
where the bond is filled between the wire coating and the shrink tube.
The sealed wire blocks the penetration of external pollutants such as moisture and dust.
How to use
"When connecting wires using a screw seal, turn off the power before use"
1. Peel off the sheath of the wire to be connected (peeling off section: 9-12mm)
2. Select the right size of screw seal and arrange the wire ends side by side.
3. Grasp the arranged wires and insert the screw seal while rotating clockwise.
4. Conclude the screw seal by rotating it clockwise.
(When the concluding is completed, it no longer rotates.)
5. Shrink the shrink tube by applying heat to it using a heat source such as a portable torch or lighter.
(Caution) Do not heat the wire connector (plastic).
6. Complete the work by contracting the shrink tube completely.
((When the bond flows to the end of the shrink tube, the work is finished.)
Screw Seal Wire Combination Table
[The above screw seal wire combination table was written based on commonly used stranded wire,
and the applications may vary depending on the type of wire.
For detailed wire combination, please refer to "Wire Combinations for SCREWSEAL®" in the library.